Look at that picture. What a goofy picture. What an odd set up. Why is this even happening right now. What kind of hole was ripped in the space-time continuum that allowed those two wandering NFL souls to meet and have this interaction. It's blowing my mind right now. I need to know what is going on, AND WHY, and that's why I need you all to join me in a Caption Contest.
Here's the deal. You offer your suggestions in the comments either on the blog here, on our Facebook page, or on Twitter. We'll cherry pick out favorite 10 or so and put them up in a Facebook album to let people vote on what their favorite caption. After an arbitrary amount of time, we'll share the winner on Twitter and make it the cover photo for the album, as well as pimp it to others on Facebook for however long. Maybe we'll go post it on the Bears' Facebook wall, too, I don't know. Either way, I'm looking for your help to tell me this picture is about. And I'll get us started with some ideas after the jump.
Now, if you know anything about Jay Cutler, you know he's, like, ALWAYS crying. Just sloppy wet tears streaking down his face at any given moment, eventually soaking into his salty and musty smelling crotch. It's just a fact of life. So you have to wonder what prompted that sad soul to approach Minnesota Vikings mascot Ragnar and shake hands with him, during what I am assuming is pre-game. I say that because Cutler also isn't stained with turf yet after getting man handled throughout the game and pulled to prevent his death in the fourth quarter. So what could they be talking about before the game?
- Is Ragnar finally admitting to being the bastard dad of Cutler's already bearded baby?
- Is it likely Jay Cutler is just walking to his bench when he was approached by Ragnar asking for a handshake, and Cutler is actually just saying DDDDDOOOOOONNNN'TTT CCCAAAAAARRRRREEEEE?
- Is Ragnar freaking Cutler out by breaking the fourth dimension and letting Jay know that right at this very second, he's staring at himself in the face of what he'll be in another 30 years? Apparently he's hairier and shorter.
- Is Cutler trying to do a media photo opportunity and welcoming what he thinks is a homeless person to probably their first football game?
- Is Ragnar just reassuring Jay that while he certainly is no Brett Favre, he's also no Christian Ponder, and that's a good thing?
Anyway, let us hear your ideas – AS USABLE QUOTES! – in the comments. We'll update when we have enough for a caption contest. Hopefully together, we can get to the bottom of this.