Earlier this week, everyone's favorite Minnesota Vikings punter, Chris Kluwe, took a break from being TOO AWESOME and yet, somehow, got even awesomer by doing a guest appearance on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report."
Kluwe went on and acted his typical self, maintaining wonderful banter back and forth with Stephen Colbert (more than holding his own with the political comedian, if not straight upping him on several occasions), and also repping his band "Tripping Icarus" with a nice t-shirt, wearing sandals, and talking about lots of gay stuff. TOTALLY GAY THINGS. CHRIS KLUWE GAY STUFF TALKED ABOUT HERE. That should help the search engines.
Since Comedy Central is pretty cool, they allow you to embed video, so we have the full thing for you after the jump, which has now apparently turned into "Video Thursday." Whatever. Not like you're doing anything today anyway.
Here is the video, courtesy of the fine folks who allow embedding of videos on web pages at Comedy Central:
Good video, now let's get into our video notes breakdown that will all seem redundant after watching. Stupid blogging format!
- While I admittedly really enjoy the title of "Professional Surrenderer," I would have to add an addendum that says if Kluwe is the team's Professional Surrenderer, then Ponder is the team's Professional Backbreaking Interceptionist, and Toby Gerhart is the team's Record Denying Attempt Theft, both of which are horrible, horrible job titles to have, and for which I will resent them forever. But Professional Surrenderer is good.
- Green Bay practicing in the cold this week and Kluwe hanging out in New York with a celebrity? Even Stephen Colbert understands who really won that playoff game, just like explored this week. IT IS NOW A TRUTH.
- Chris Kluwe flexing to intimidate Colbert was ADORABLE.
- NOTHING GAY ABOUT FOOTBALL, NOPE, NOTHING AT ALL.
- If Kluwe hasn't seen any Lustful Cockmonsters running around in the streets of Minnesota, then he just isn't looking hard enough. Ever been to Uptown, fella? Try spending a night at Cowboy Slims, or a night on Hennepin Avenue on a Saturday. LOTS of people going after cocks around there. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Anyway. That's our punter! Love that guy. Glad that he wore the sandals, winter cap, and Tripping Icarus shirt. Full blown proper representation of Minnesota, and I can respect that.